Hazeland Farm is over 764 acres bordering Rappahannock and Culpeper Counties in Boston, Virginia with over 1.5 miles of the Hazel River running through it. The farm is rich in character and historic charm with some gorgeous mountain views and over a mile of frontage on the Hazel River. Streamside management zones have been well protected over the years for access. There is an abundant wildlife habitat sprinkled with wild turkey, deer, fox, songbirds, and rabbits. Once the home of a renowned local fox hunter who purchased it to keep his foxhounds from getting onto the main roads, Hazeland is currently used for cattle and hay. The "North side" of the River on Turkey Ridge Rd made approx. 1000 large round hay bales this season from 358 acres which are approx. 2/3 open land and 1/3 wooded. On the "South side" of the river, at the end of Hazeland Lane, there is over 406 acres of fenced cattle pasture land with spring fed streams and mixed timber with many hilltop views of Skyline Dr. There are multiple access points from the state roads. The farm is a wonderful retreat from the northern Virginia traffic and the hectic life. On the south side, a 5BR; 3.5 BA antebellum style home is located. The house has been kept in good condition but still needs some updating. The farm is eligible for conservation easement, if the buyer so desires further preservation and tax credits OR it can be divided into large lots - an investment opportunity for now or the future. The farm is located between Sperryville and Culpeper off of Rt. 522. It's about an hour to Dulles. Virtual tour of the farm is available.
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Colonial
3 Full/1 Half
Hot Water Heater, Electric Water Heater, Well
Aluminum Siding, Brick, Frame
Gravity Septic System, Septic
4,800 sq. ft
Yes - 2 spaces
Above Ground, Electric service available, Cable TV, Onsite Telephone
Detailed Room Information
- Den/Study, Kitchen, Laundry Room, Living Room
- Dining Area, Formal
- Eat-In Kitchen, Island
- Microwave, Dishwasher, Electric Dryer, Self-Cleaning Oven, Electric Range/Cooktop, Refrigerator, Appliance Center, Washer
- Electric Heating.
- Full, Full Finished, Heated, Walkout
- Bay Window(s), Storm Window, Wood Frame
- 6. Brick, Gas Burning, Mantle, Stone, Wood-burning.
- Ramp - Main Level.
- Additional Interior Features
- Bar, Built-Ins, Recessed Lights, Walk-in Closets, Wood Floors, 9Ft+ Ceilings
Exterior / Lot Features
- 2 Garage Spaces. Driveway.
- Brick, Aluminum, Frame
- Balcony, Porch, Screened-in
- Metal, Asphalt
- Lot View
- Mountain, Panoramic, River, Scenic, Trees/Woods, Pasture, Pond
- Barbed Wire, Electric
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Flood Lights, Sidewalks. Open, Partly Wooded, Pond, Private, Rural, Secluded, Stream/Creek, Subdivision Possible.
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price